Wednesday, July 12, 2017

SALE!!! Classic Meets Farmhouse - The Gracie Table

***Selling now for $850***

Introducing Gracie! This beautiful "classic meets farmhouse" solid wood table is awaiting the perfect home. Before I continue on with the backstory, I should explain why I've chosen to call this piece Gracie. The meaning of the name Gracie portrays that which beholds eloquence or beauty of form. Having spent many hours bringing this piece back to life, this is exactly what it is  a true classic with a solid, get eloquent structure that will add beauty to any home.

I came upon this lovely table when the original owners "upgraded" to a newer piece. I could tell Gracie had been the centerpiece of many family meals, but those days of glory were now hidden under a weathered exterior. No longer holding the lovely mahogany shine which once was, I took on the challenge to recreate Gracie into something special.




The first step was hours and hours of hand sanding. To avoid damaging the wood and keeping the sanding lines flowing with the grain, putting in the arm power with a sanding block was the right choice. Layer after layer, Gracie started to show me the possibilities of what a new finish might hold. I originally planned to take this piece down to bare wood, but what unfolded which each sanding stroke was the most awesome pattern. I simply couldn't ignore it.

Before stain

I applied an ebony stain which filled in the lighter grain, but allowed the blotchy, striped pattern to remain. A simple, non-glossy poly, light wax finish and the result is beautiful!  

After stain

Now, on to the next steps. For those that have visited my home, I have a strong "liking" of the farmhouse look and thanks to HGTV and a certain couple from Waco, TX, so many others do as well. I wanted to graduate this classic table from the formal dining room it once resided to a piece that will be used for all occasions by bringing in the homey farmhouse feel and let it merge ever so gracefully with the bold wood finished top. This is how Gracie came to be!

(If you are interested in taking Gracie home, please private message me on Facebook. Selling price is $850. Transportation not included.)


Shown with two leaves

3.5'W x 7'L (with two 1'W leaves)



Fabric enhancements on sides
Rustic brass foot caps


3.5'W x 5'L without inserts

***Selling now for $850***






No comments:

Post a Comment