Monday, July 3, 2017

Thanks "GW" for the $2.50 find!

My boyfriend fondly refers to Goodwill as "GW" because, well, it just sounds way cooler. Especially when pronounced, "G-dubbbb." This is my post to say a big thanks to "GW" for the awesome 1920's side table I scored for $2.50. It was 50% off day and I got so very lucky to find this beauty. Perhaps most wouldn't have seen it that way, but I did. Just look at it!



Turns out this piece was manufactured by Unagusta and from the bit of research I did, Unagusta was a North Carolina furniture company that folded in the 1930's. The old saying, "they don't make things the way they used to," is a proven point in this case. Solid and sturdy this piece is! A perfect contender for a refreshed look.

Step 1, find out what was under the 1/4" of blue and gold paint. (I love Citristrip!)
























Still can't believe I got it so clean! This is when I have to admit I let it sit for a month at this point. I just couldn't decide what I wanted to do with it. As far as I was concerned, this historic piece needed to be treated with respect. After much consideration and countless hours of labor, here's the result. I used a total of four paint colors, two for the structure, one for the drawers and one for the handles plus a lovely World Market Cost Plus wrapping paper/Mog Podge experiment for the front of the drawers. I absolutely love this piece! Thanks again "GW"!!!




2 comments: